Additive Free Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
At the Dental & Facial Clinic we are proud to introduce our advanced technology in helping to restore and rejuvenate your skin – Additive Free Platelet Rich Plasma (AF-PRP) process that was developed by Dr Chad. This injection therapy is a non-surgical procedure for facial and skin rejuvenation that helps to enhance the texture and appearance of your skin. AF-PRP therapy is a treatment which uses your own blood platelets to stimulate new cell growth, helping to improve your complexion, skin texture and to restore lost facial volume.
What is AF-PRP and how does it work?
Your blood is essentially made up of four components; red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets. We take your blood and spin it in a centrifuge, which enables the separation of the blood cells from your plasma and platelets. This is then re-injected into the skin to stimulate collagen and new skin cells.
Our AF-PRP injection therapy can be used for:
- Helping to improve the appearance of sagging skin by stimulating cells in the body to produce more fat collagen and muscle
- Fill lines and wrinkles
- Plump areas that have lost volume over time
- Treat thinning hair and hair loss particularly male pattern baldness (by stimulating dormant hair follicles to produce more hair and invigorate existing hair follicles.)
Advantages of AF-PRP Therapy for hair loss are:
- Simple, non-surgical procedure
- Multiple Injections: procedure lasting approximately 60 to 90 minutes
- Safe and reliable results
- Very quick recovery period
- Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking end results
What are the possible side effects after AF-PRP?
Following the procedure, some patients may experience the following symptoms:
- Swelling and redness, but will settle down within 24 hours – 48 hrs
- Bruising, however this will go away after 10 days
- Some pain after injection may occur. Should pain persist, please contact us.
- In extremely rare circumstance infection may occur. If you experience infection in the treated area within 24 hours, please contact us immediately.
Repeat and maintenance of treatment
Repeat treatments depend on your condition. The interval between each treatment is 1-2 months. We recommend repeating the treatment 1-2 times a year for maintenance.
If using AF-PRP for thinning of hair, then treatment can be repeated until the desired result has been achieved. Our experience shows that regular AF-PRP treatment every 3 to 6 months can be very beneficial.
Dental & Facial Clinics’ suggested patient preparation for PRP Treatment is below. We will also discuss what to do post-treatment to get the best results.
Step one: What to do before PRP Treatment
5 – 7 days before treatment:
STOP taking supplements that thin out the blood which increases bruising:
- Green tea
- Omegas (Fish Oil) including fish
- Primrose oil
- Eat a healthy amount of garlic
- Take 1-2 grams of dried Echinacea root 2-3 times per day
- St John’s Wort
- Vitamin E
- Aspirin (After consulting your doctor )
You also need to make sure you remain hydrated the whole week before your PRP appointment. We recommend drinking 3% of your body weight in water each day – with a minimum of 6 glasses per day. You should also continue this after your appointment to stay healthy.
Step Two: The Procedure
You will visit Dental & Facial Clinic in Sydney where Dr Chad Hazouri will perform the procedure. Dr Hazouri has decades of experience so you can be confident you will be in the best hands during the procedure.
Step Three: PRP Post Treatment Instructions
Straight after treatment you should avoid touching your face for at least two hours to allow injection sites to heal over. If you do need to touch your face after treatment please wash and sterilise your hands to avoid infection. With clean hands you can then apply a natural cream by massaging it gently onto the face.
Does PRP cause swelling?
It’s important to know that swelling will be present for 24 to 48 hours, after this the swelling will subside so long as you sleep elevated and rest. It is normal for the treated area to feel sensitive for the following days, because of this you need to avoid oily skincare products and most make-up
We also recommend taking Arnica tablets for the week before your appointment. Arnica is commonly sold commercially in tablet or cream form (which can be applied to the face).
Is Arnica Safe?
Arnica tablets are a natural supplement that has been used to reduce post-operative bruising and muscle strain. This supplement is commonly sold commercially in tablet or topical form and can be purchased from health food stores and chemists. Arnica is a homeopathic supplement that can also be used to treat shock and trauma, among other symptoms.
In order to minimise swelling and bruising after PRP treatment you need to avoid:
- Prolonged sunlight, Rigorous exercise, Saunas, Hot baths, Excessive amounts of alcohol
Step Four: Follow up appointment
It is essential that you attend your review appointment in 2 to 4 weeks’ time so that we can compare your results with your before photo. You can book this at the time of your initial treatment. A three month check-up is also required to check your progress. For any queries, please call your injector.